Rain Mountain Press is a new independent publisher committed to enriching literary culture by bringing emerging and often neglected writers to the widest possible audience.
Our mission is to:
Queries and unsolicited manuscripts will no longer be considered.
- Publish works that fall into the categories of experimental, visionary, and literary writing.
- Bring back into print important books which might otherwise be lost.
- Publish posthumous works.
- Give wider audience and exposure to the art of the novella by publishing contemporary works written in that form as individual books of 80 to 100 pages much the way books of poetry are published.
- Publish work that falls in between the cracks in terms of style, e.g., poetic prose, hybrids of prose and poetry, memoir/poetry, graphic novels, other kinds of amalgam works, and work that resides in the interstices.
- Experiment with presentation, print runs, shapes and illustrations.